Useful information

Useful Information

As a landlord of supported housing, EHSL recognises that it needs to do some things differently from how a general needs landlord would do them, and do some things that a general needs landlord wouldn’t expect to do. This page explains some of the key aspects of your tenancy agreement.

EHSL is a landlord, which means that we provide housing to people. In doing so, we are responsible for upholding the rights of the people we accommodate, and ensuring that they adhere to their responsibilities.

As a landlord of supported housing, we also:

  • Produce materials in an easy-read format so you understand your tenancy.
  • Make or arrange adaptations to your home in order to meet your needs.
  • Provide a 24/7 repairs and maintenance service.
  • Liaise with local authorities and care providers to manage any issues with your housing.
  • Subject to cost approval from the local authority, provide additional services including gardening, window cleaning, communal cleaning, furniture and goods supply.
  • Ensure our staff are vetted.
  • Offer assistance with finances and housing benefit claims
  • Visit more regularly so we can proactively address any emerging issues.

Please contact us by calling 0300 200 4100 or by using the contact form below

Your main rights are:

  • For your home to be kept in a suitable state of repair
  • For your home to be safe.
  • For EHSL not to change your rent or terms of your tenancy agreement without telling you first.
  • To be able to live in your home in peace
  • For the services you are paying for to be provided.
  • For EHSL to make reasonable adjustments in order to meet your needs
  • For EHSL to act according to all relevant law.

Your tenancy agreement contains detailed information about your rights and responsibilities.

Your main responsibilities are:

  • Paying the rent, council tax and bills.
  • Not causing damage.
  • Keeping your home clean and tidy.
  • Reporting repairs to us.
  • Telling us about any changes to your income or circumstances
  • Telling us if you are going away for more than 2 weeks
  • Not upsetting your neighbours or co-tenants, or doing anything to break the law
  • Allowing access to EHSL staff and any maintenance staff we send
  • Insuring your possessions
  • To give written notice to EHSL if you want to end your tenancy.

Your tenancy agreement contains detailed information about your rights and responsibilities.

EHSL has a 24/7 phone line which is 0300 200 4100, which can be used to report emergency maintenance.

Emails can be sent to, or if they are about repairs and maintenance, to

You can write to EHSL Supported Housing, 614 Reading Road, Winnersh, Wokingham, RG41 5HE

You can also use the contact form at the bottom of this page.

EHSL does not provide regulated care services to its tenants.

Most of EHSL’s tenants are in receipt of a care and support package which is provided by a separate care provider, regulated by the Care Quality Commission.

EHSL provides support to its tenants to ensure that any issues affecting their accommodation or tenancy are addressed. Any other support required is provided by the care provider.

If you want to leave EHSL’s accommodation, you must provide us with a minimum of one months written notice to terminate your tenancy or license agreement. If you have a tenancy agreement, this notice cannot expire until you have lived at your address for 6 months.

Notice must be provided to EHSL and not to any other organisation or person.

If you are unable to write the notice, you may need to ask for support to do this. EHSL cannot accept notice from somebody else on your behalf, unless you have provided us with written confirmation that you are happy for them to do so, or they have been appointed by the Court of Protection to manage your property and affairs.

Notice can be emailed to, or posted to EHSL Supported Housing, 614 Reading Road, Winnersh, Wokingham, RG41 5HE

You will need to do the following at the end of your tenancy.

  • Remove all of your personal possessions, including furniture and unwanted items.
  • Repair or replace any damaged items provided by EHSL.
  • Clean all parts of your accommodation.
  • Return all keys.
  • Pay any outstanding rent or other sums due to EHSL

If the following is not completed fully, EHSL may need to charge you for any additional costs it incurs in performing these tasks on your behalf.

If you are going to be away for more than 4 weeks, EHSL will need to notify the Housing Benefit department, who may cancel your housing benefit claim. If they do this, you will need to cover your rent for the period of time you are away.

Please ensure that you consider whether you are able to afford to do this before you book your holiday.

We'd love to hear from you

Please contact us by calling 0300 200 4100 or by using the form below.