13th March 2020
Updated 30 March 2020
EHSL is conscious of the risk of the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19), particularly in light of the number of vulnerable people it accommodates and the movement of contractors, EHSL staff, and care staff between its sites, potentially increasing the risks of cross-infection.
EHSL has taken the following measures in response to government issued guidance at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Routine visits to sites by EHSL staff have ceased until further notice, with this to be reviewed frequently and subject to government advice.
- EHSL’s staff team are working from home and remain available to respond to calls and emails. Mail will be collected weekly and therefore delays may be experienced in receiving a response to posted correspondence. Email to email@example.com is therefore preferred at this time.
- EHSL’s office phones are set to divert so calls made into the office will continue to be answered.
- Routine communal services (where provided) will continue as normal, subject to the service provider’s risk assessment and their ability to provide the service. We will update individual sites further if this situation changes. Service managers, please contact EHSL if you wish for communal services to be put on hold for any period of time.
- Out-of-hours emergency maintenance services remain in place although callers may experience longer wait times due to availability of local contractors.
- Repairs should continue to be reported as normal to 0300 200 4100 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. EHSL’s must abide by the recent government guidance about only carrying out essential works, and we will discuss each request with the caller to agree when the works should be carried out.
- Access will continue to be required to sites for the purposes of statutory health and safety compliance inspections (i.e. gas certificates, fire alarm inspections etc). We will contact sites if EHSL is to send an engineer, in order that arrangements can be discussed and visits re-arranged if required.
- EHSL staff remain available to assist you – please contact us if we can assist.
Further advice and information from the NHS can be found at: